The Development Associate is responsible for supporting aspects of all development and communication activities. The Development Associate plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Executive Director and Director of Development and participating in all fundraising activities including donor relations, marketing and communications, direct mail appeals, and special events.
Our office is in New York City, and the position will be hybrid.
American Friends of ALYN Hospital is a nonprofit which has supported ALYN Hospital in Israel since 1932. ALYN Hospital is a pediatric rehabilitation facility which helps children with diverse disabilities by providing tools that increase their independence and mobility. The organization focuses on increasing awareness of ALYN’s life-changing work and raising funds to support it.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors
- Manage relationships on the database and communicate accordingly with various stakeholders (Board of Directors, Executive Director, and the Director of Development) for updates
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files (on the database and server)
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors
- Coordinate productions and mailing of quarterly and year-end direct-mail appeal letters
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings
- Respond to donor information requests
- Develop and implement innovative ways to grow all social media channels, generate new followers and drive community engagement
- Content calendar ownership with day-to-day management of the social media strategy, creating, curating and publishing engaging content that is on-brand and tailored to each channel
General Office Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members on special projects
- Provide occasional administrative support for the office, including, but not limited to, answering phones, ordering supplies, sending tribute cards and tax receipts, etc.
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Associate's or bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- CRM database management experience – Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Solid organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Close attention to details while adhering to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
Applicants should send their resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining their fit for the role as a single PDF document to email@example.com. Please use “Development Associate – Your Name” as the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.